Ministries: Missions: Congregation
We strive to be present and to care for each other in body and spirit, to genuinely appreciate and value each individual in our church family. This is manifested in a variety of activities:
- Praying for each other – during worship service, we share joys and concerns expressed by the congregants. In addition, there the is a weekly Diaspora prayer group that prays at the same time each week from wherever you may be.
- Concord Connects: a time of fellowship and refreshment immediately after the worship service in the back of the Sanctuary.
- Providing meals and transportation for those facing unexpected illness or injury
- Visiting with members that, due to age or chronic illness, are unable to join us for worship or other activities on a regular basis
- Mom’s Night Out: To provide a relaxing evening for Moms to get together, have a meal they don’t need to fix, watch a movie, play games, share or just chill. Check the calendar for schedule
- Safe Space: To allow folks to talk about whatever is on their mind, including fears for their children and their families. This is led by a member with training in counseling. Check the calendar for schedule.
- Small group dinners: small groups organized to informally share dinner in the home of one of the members.
- Potluck dinners: an opportunity to share a meal communally.
If you would like to participate in any of these activities, please contact the Pastor.